M.A. English, Writing, University of Nevada, Reno, Dec. 2015
Secondary Teaching Credential, English and Business, California State University San Marcos, June 2011
B.A. Business Administration and Human Resource Management, Sonoma State University, Dec. 2004
Teaching and Research Interests
Composition and Rhetoric, Professional Communication, Professional Writing, First-Year Composition, Genre Theory
Selected Publications, Presentations, and Professional Activities
- Conference Planning Team Member, 8th Annual University of California Writing Program Conference, University of California Merced, Fall 2018.
- “A House of Cards: Experiences that Enable/Disable Writing Center Collaborations.” Crossings Conference: Exploring Shared Work in Writing. Reno, NV. Spring 2017.
- “Other Duties as Assigned: Writing Program Administrative Work Without Being a WPA.” Council of Writing Program Administrators. Raleigh, NC. Summer 2016.
- “Professional Writing and Arranged Marriages.” Northern California Writing Center Association. Fresno, CA. Spring 2015.
- “Agency, Self-Efficacy, Context, and Expertise: What Forces ‘Tame the Untamed Tongues’ of Students, Tutors, and Fellows.” Northern California Writing Center Association. Fresno, CA. Spring 2015.
- Presentation Chair, Western States Rhetoric and Literacies Conference. University of Nevada Reno. Fall 2014.
- “The ‘otherness’ of Soccer and the Risks of othering for America’s Sporting Culture.” University of Nevada Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference, Reno, NV. Spring 2014.
- “Food for Thought – Obesity in America: Designing Socially Just Curriculum.” Social Justice and Equity Symposium (California State University San Marcos). San Marcos, CA. Spring 2011