- M.A., Creative Writing, Prescott College, 2002.
- B.A., General Literature, University of California San Diego, 1985.
Teaching and Research Interests
Composition pedagogy, Professional development, Narratology.
Selected Publications, Presentations, and Professional Activities
- Writing to Learn" facilitator, UC Merced General Education, 2019-2020.
- "The Argument Game," UC Merced Writing Project, 2017. Coordinator and co-presenter with Derek Merrill.
- Co-director: UC Merced Writing Project, 2006-2016.
- Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching for a Non-Senate Lecturer award, 2013-2014.
- Co-facilitator: "Minding the Gap" professional development series, 2014.
- Chair, Merritt Writing Program Academic Review Committee, 2013-2014.