- Ph.D. Literature, University of California San Diego, May, 2010.
- M.A. English, Composition Theory, California State University Fresno, June, 2003.
- B.A., English, California State University Fresno, June, 1999.
Teaching and Research Interests
First Year Composition, Cultural Rhetorics, Anti-Racist Digital Humanities, Intersectional and Critical Pedagogy, Decolonial Theory, Writing Program Administration
Selected Publications, Presentations, and Professional Activities
- Viva Nuestro Caucus: Rewriting the Forgotten Pages of our Caucus. Parlor Press, 2019.
- Reclaiming Composition for Chicanos/as and Other Ethnic Minorities: A Critical History and Pedagogy, New York: Palgrave, 2016.
- Decolonizing Rhetoric and Composition: New Latinx Keywords for Theory and Practice, New York: Palgrave, 2016.
- "Decolonial Options and Writing Studies," Composition Studies. Composition Studies 45.2 (2017): 226–229
- "La Cultura nos Cura: Reclaiming Decolonial Epistemologies through Medicinal History and Quilting as Method"
- "Risky Identity Politics and Decolonial Agency as Indigenous Consciousness"
- "Race, Silence, and Writing Program Administration: A Qualitative Study of US College Writing Programs." WPA: Writing Program Administration, vol. 40, no. 3, 2017. 19-39. With Genevieve Irene Garcia de Mueller.