- M.F.A., Creative Writing, University of California, Irvine. June, 1996.
- B.A., Literature with emphasis in Creative Writing, University of California, Santa Cruz. June, 1990.
Teaching and Research Interests
Anti-racist pedagogy, creative writing, community-engaged theater, first-year composition
Selected Publications, Presentations, and Professional Activities
- Community Writing Conference, 2021: (Re)Defining “Community”: Challenging Structures of Oppression within the Academy and Beyond (with Helen Sandoval)
- University of California Writing Programs Conference 2021: Workshop on Labor-based Grading Contracts (with Anne F. Walker)
- Covid-19 Complicates, Not Causes, Domestic Violence: Ms. Magazine
- Performance Artist: Beating Heart of the Track (with Anne F. Walker)
- Director: Top Girls, Playhouse Merced
- Director: Valley Roots Merced
- OpEd Project: University of California Faculty Fellow
- Director, Writer, Performer, Sweetie's Yumhouse Kitchen
- Producer, The 24 Hour Plays
Websites and Social Media: DawnTrook.com, Valley Roots, Facebook, Twitter: DawnTrook, Instagram: DawnTrook