- Ph.D., English, University of Rochester. 2008.
- M.A., English, University of Rochester. 2005.
- M.A., English (with distinction), California State University, Chico. 2000.
- B.A., English, California State University, Chico. 1996.
Teaching and Research Interests
Threshold concepts of writing, First-Year Writing, Writing in the disciplines.
Selected Publications, Presentations, and Professional Activities
- “Not Just Nuts and Bolts: Building a Peer Review Framework for Academic Socialization” in Learning from the Lived Experiences of Graduate Student Writers eds. Shannon Madden, Kristen T. Edwards, Michele Eodice, Utah State University Press, forthcoming Nov. 2018. Co-Author.
- “Conducting Education Research in University Courses” by Anali Makoui, Associate Director of Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning, UC Merced. May 18, 2017 (attendee).
- “By Degrees, Synergies from Writing Minor Program Design and Writing in the Disciplines Projects” presenter with Paul Gibbons, Catherine Koeller, and Anne Zanzucchi. UC Writing Conference: Making Connections. Irvine, CA, Oct. 6 & 7, 2017.
- “Defining Academic Writing through Every-day, Online, and Multidisciplinary Contexts” presenter with Anne Zanzucchi and Heather Devrick. UC Writing Conference: Reflections on the Past and Visions of the Future. Santa Barbara, CA, Oct. 14, 2016.